Monday, May 13, 2013

Overwhelmed

      I am feeling quite overwhelmed today ... I can not seem to shut my mind off ... and here are just a few of my thoughts:
      I have received some difficult news just lately; my father-in-law was just diagnosed with cancer, it looks like it will be a very positive outcome, and for that I am so very grateful. Also my Papa Carl called me today with another dose of reality, he will be going in for a bone marrow biopsy next week to confirm the Dr.'s diagnoses of Leukemia. The Dr. thinks it is slow growing and very treatable and again I thank God for the positive.
      So as I lifted these two men that I love up in prayer throughout the day something scoured to me ... some of these very precious to me relationships I have have come from the most unexpected places.
   Choosing a spouse is one thing, but you can not choose what family they come from ... I knew I loved Chris and I knew his family would be mine as well and that I would grow to love them all very much. But what an unexpected, unforeseen blessing they are to me, my family, my father, mother and siblings.          
       My Grandfather (who invested in me far more time, energy and love than most) married into my family when I was 7, what an unexpected, unforeseen blessing he has been in my life! What a tremendous example of a loving, cherishing husband he has been, what an inspiration he was for me in choosing wisely the man of my dreams!
       Some of the closest friendships I have have come unexpectedly, through my daycare or a friend of a friend, totally unforeseen.
       I have for always, like most little girls dreamed of becoming a mother and when I fell completely in love with my husband my dream grew ... I didn't just want to be a mother, I wanted to me the mother of his children, to share with him in the making of a family. What an AMAZING, UNEXPECTED, UNFORESEEN BLESSING our children are! Never could I have imagined this relationship that I have been SO very blessed with!  
        I thank the Lord today for His wisdom and His unexpected, unforeseen, overwhelming gifts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment